Our clients in the retail sector include the owners of shops from single outlets to substantial chains, independent or franchised, as well as online sellers of goods.
We have detailed knowledge of the law governing the sale of goods and particularly the consumer rules which may apply in sales to individuals. We can advise on:
- ‘Implied terms’ creating a minimum standard for quality of goods
- Drafting compliant customer terms and ensuring that such terms are binding
- Creating a viable policy as to the repair or return of defective goods
- Distance selling and data protection rules for internet or catalogue sales
- Consumer Credit legislation governing the grant of credit to individuals
We can help to ensure suitable back to back protections in your contracts with suppliers so as to minimise the cost to you where goods are defective.
We advise clients in the retail sector on franchising, supply and other contracts, protection of intellectual property, landlord and tenant matters and handling disputes including customer claims. We can also advise on LLP and partnership agreements, director and shareholder issues and employment law.
We have experience of buying and selling retail businesses. If you are considering a sale or purchase we will be pleased to give you some initial strategic thoughts and a price or range.