A business can face an employment tribunal claim at any time. Unless an individual has expressly agreed to waive their right to bring a claim, an individual can choose to issue proceedings against you at any time, regardless of the strength of their claim. The compulsory ACAS Early Conciliation process does help identify a potential claim before it is formally issued, but should you engage in settlement discussions and if so, how and when.
In this session, aimed at business owners and HR professionals, we will set out the claims process and provide practical guidance on how to defend a claim. Bristol employment lawyers, Nick Jones and Cecily Donoghue will lead the session and cover:
- What is ACAS Early Conciliation and how do I make the most of it?
- Practical steps to take before a claim is issued
- How to defend a claim all the way to a hearing?
- What do I need to do file a response and how long do I have?
- How to assess the strengths and weaknesses of a claim?
- How to calculate potential liability?
- How to conduct a cost v risk analysis?
- Practical hints and tips
This event will also provide an opportunity for direct answers from our Employment Law specialists on any questions you might have.
Book today and join us in an informal and relaxed environment at our central Bristol office. As always, delicious pastries and fresh coffee will be provided.