Managing and supporting a workforce with who suffer from ill health and disabilities is becoming an increasingly common challenge for businesses. There is no minimum length of service to claim disability discrimination and you may not even be aware that someone is unwell, let alone protected under the Equality Act 2010 as disabled. In this session, aimed at business owners and HR professionals, we will review the obligation to make reasonable adjustments and provide practical guidance on how to support staff and making adjustments work in your business. Bristol Employment Lawyers, Nick Jones and Cecily Donoghue will lead the session and cover:
- When does the duty to make reasonable adjustments arise?
- Who is protected?
- What potential adjustments may be required?
- What factors need to be considered?
- The extent of adjustments needed?
- How to make an adjustment?
- Pre-employment health questions relating to reasonable adjustments
- Defending claims for a failure to make reasonable adjustments
This event will also provide an opportunity for direct answers from our Employment Law specialists on any questions you might have.
Book today and join us in an informal and relaxed environment at our central Bristol office. As always, delicious pastries and fresh coffee will be provided.
09:00 – 10:15
Join the conversation with #EmploymentBreakfast